Biology Homework 12/11/01
Read pages 297-301 and answer the following questions:
1) How many different amino acids are there?
2) What is a codon?
3) What will the order of nitrogen bases in the mRNA determine?
4) Why is it said that the genetic code is universal for every organism?
5) Critical thinking: How could this possible prove that evolution occurred?
6) What is translation?
7) What is transfer RNA’s role?
8) How is the mRNA code translated? (List the steps)
9) Critical thinking: Where does translation occur? Trace the path of DNA replication to translation noting all the locations.