Read pages 174-180
Answer the following:
1) Why was the development of microscopes necessary for the study of cells?
2) How does the cell theory describe the organization of living things?
3) Compare the light sources of light microscopes and electron microscopes.
4) How are prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells different?
5) Suppose you discovered a new type of fern. Applying the cell theory, what can you say for certain about this organism?
6) Most compound light microscopes have four objective lenses with magnifications of 4X, 10X, 40X, and 100X. What magnifications are available if the eyepiece magnifies 15 times?